Snow Removal Services in Logan, OH
Commercial snow removal in Logan is very important for many people. Although most residential owners in Logan, OH believe it’s an expensive service that’s generally geared more towards commercial businesses, they are actually quite beneficial when considering the responsibility everyone has to keep others safe throughout the winter season.
Whether you are a landlord, business owner or even the owner of your own home, there are certain laws that apply for the safety and well being of all tenants, customers and the rest of the public that may use the roads or sidewalks on or even by your property. In order to stay on the safe side, it’s recommended to get commercial snow removal to ensure the snow and ice is taken care of in a professional manner.
Commercial Snow Removal - Know What You Should Get
Promotion of your business is essential, especially if you have a seasonal business like snow removal services. And the advertising issue comes upfront if the competition is high like it is in megapolises. So the question is not why advertise, but in what way can your advertise your company to ensure that it is seen and demanded in the market? How to become competitive with the big sharks of the niche?
Keep in mind that advertising choices are unlimited, but your budget is. So here are several tips and ideas on how to advertise your snow removal services in New York. Choose those applicable to your company, but always remember to stay creative to interest people in your business.
1. Hand-outs or flyers. This is one of the oldest and yet very effective way to advertise your company. Print flyers with the basic information about your company and place them in the neighborhood’s mailboxes. To enhance this means of advertising you can also create door hangers and place them on doorknobs or distribute some useful novelty items, like fridge magnets or pens containing your business name and contact information. Don’t forget also about the business cards distribution with whoever you meet.
2. Place real ad publications. Go for local magazines, newspapers, yellow pages, and any other outlet that people in your neighborhood use. Wherever you can place your ad, do it! Ensure that this ad is bright and eye catching. Come up with a motto or a funny picture that would draw people’s attention and at the same time provide some credential info about your business.
3. Vinyl sheets and stickers. Stickers and vinyl banners are also very common in big cities today. Place these stickers on all your products and business-related cars and equipment. Again, if you come up with an intriguing or beautiful picture for the vinyl banners and stickers, you can be sure that people will get interested in obtaining one of your promotional products. And this kind of naturally flowing advertising campaign is one of the most affordable and reasonable ones for the industry beginners.
4. Letters of introduction to local businesses. While some business owners oversee this great opportunity, don’t miss a chance to introduce your company to the local businesspeople. Of course, they might already have someone to clean their snow, but if you offer some attractive prices or at least discounts for large orders, you can get a couple of companies on your side.
5. Participate in a local fundraiser. Fundraisers are one of the best ways to promote and advertise your business. People love charity and feel passionate about such business. You can offer to clean some public street or hospital’s driveway for free in order to earn yourself a name.
6. Sponsor some local team. You don’t need to go far to find one. You can do it for your child or maybe your employee’s kid in order to again earn a name. By sponsoring a team you can put your company’s name on the uniform or print some banners for the game.
7. Talk to your clients. Offer loyal customers better prices or ask them to put some signs about your services in their yards. Word of mouth is actually one of the greatest advertising tools, and the benefit of it is that it’s free of charge.
8. Get listed. As you can see, there is nothing extremely tough in advertising your new business, but you need to do it a lot in order to build your client’s base. Keep in mind that you can also get listed as one of the snow removal services so that people can reach you online and find your business’ name on the internet. That’s almost free but extremely effective!
Commercial Snow Removal - Know What You Should Get
Snow removal is one of the many services you must provide to your tenants in exchange for rent. Snow removal is also a necessary preventive measure to reduce risk and liability from slips and falls by not just your tenant, but their family, friends, and other visitors to the property. Prevention begins at the front door, and ends anywhere anyone could possibly walk, slip, or fall.
How and When to Protect Your Property
You should have your snow removed every day before you or your tenants go to work. Ice should be removed on an hourly basis if needed, especially if there is a rainstorm. If you use a contractor, frequent talks with them to determine the best times to visit your property are recommended.
Mark the date and time you did snow removal at your property. Also have your contractor do the same. If you are sued for a slip and fall, you can use the dates and times the property was serviced as a defense with your homeowner's policy.
Some homeowners think that shoveling a path through the sidewalk is sufficient. Not only is it not sufficient, but also one snowstorm after snowstorm will make shoveling harder to complete. The snow not shoveled will be packed down, and heavy. Also, you will find it hard to find someplace to put the snow. A good path clearing should be at least 42 inches wide. Designate yard or driveway space in anticipation of a big winter of snow.
When there is a blizzard, it could snow day and night. You will want your snow removed so your tenants can go to work in the morning to avoid slip and fall suits. Also, research your city ordinances about required snow removal. In Boston, Massachusetts, landlords must remove the snow and slush from their sidewalks within 3 hours of a storm, or they will be fined every day of non-compliance.
3. Plant Life - Do not plant flowers or shrubs where you plan to dump your snow for the winter. The sand and salt from the street mixed with the snow will kill your plants. I have found that bulb plants can survive. Yet, if you have an extended snow season that goes through April, your tulips may start to come up while snow and ice is still on the ground. Better to strategically plant your flowers and bulbs where you do not intend to dump snow and ice during the winter.
4. Rock Salt vs. Ice Melt - Rock salt, which contains water, will only melt snow and ice up to the freezing temperature. Rock salt also has a corrosive nature, and will wear out the cement on brick stairs. Ice melt is a bit more expensive, but is better long term as a preventive protection. Ice melt is better for indoor carpeting.
Use sand to give people some traction on icy areas. Sawdust is really messy when tracked inside your apartment.
5. Maintenance - Keep your snow blower tuned up after every snowstorm. It will increase its longevity. Do not store gasoline in your house.
6. Before shoveling or plowing, spray some WD-40 oil on the shovel or snow plow blades. It will help make the snow slip off the blades quickly, and prevent ice from forming on the blade and shovel.
Maintain your snow removal efforts in a preventive manner to reduce risks and liability. You will also find that consistent and considerate snow removal management will give your property a good reputation.
Finding the best Residential Snow Removal in Logan can be a challenge, so do your research before hiring a local company in OH.
In many cases we can get you multiple snow removal estimates to help you find the best deal and save. No project is too big or too small for our network of snow removal specialists.
A thick snow cap on the rooftop of your house and crystal-like icicles hanging from its edges might look really pretty, create a winter fairy tale mood.