Snow Removal Services in Hamden, OH
Commercial snow removal in Hamden is very important for many people. Although most residential owners in Hamden, OH believe it’s an expensive service that’s generally geared more towards commercial businesses, they are actually quite beneficial when considering the responsibility everyone has to keep others safe throughout the winter season.
Whether you are a landlord, business owner or even the owner of your own home, there are certain laws that apply for the safety and well being of all tenants, customers and the rest of the public that may use the roads or sidewalks on or even by your property. In order to stay on the safe side, it’s recommended to get commercial snow removal to ensure the snow and ice is taken care of in a professional manner.
Commercial Snow Removal - Know What You Should Get
A thick snow cap on the rooftop of your house and crystal-like icicles hanging from its edges might look really pretty, create a winter fairytale mood. However, they’re definitely something you should try your best to control in order to preserve your roof in a great condition and avoid ice dam, excessive load, sudden leakage and other issues in the middle of the winter or right after the cold season is over.
Ice dams, heavy load and dangerous fall downs
The main reason why you need to keep the snow off the roof is not even the fact that your roof is designed to bear a certain amount on weight. It’s the ice damming effect that is the main source of the winter damage your roofing might experience if you don’t take the necessary precautions and ensure regular maintenance.
During the season, the snow on the rooftop melts due to the weather conditions, the difference between the temperatures on the inside and outside of the roof or the heat escaping from the house and making the lower layer of the snow ‘leak’.
But, the water from the melted snow doesn’t go anywhere. The vast majority of it seeps into the joints between the shingles or roofing sheets (depending on the type of the roof your house features) and accumulates at the edges. As the snow keeps on melting and refreezing, the ice dams develop on the roof, causing the major damage to its surface and possibly your attic insulation and the house interior in general.
Some roofing contractors note that it’s vitally important to at least make sure that the snow buildup doesn’t block your vent pipes and chimneys (if you have any, of course) to keep your ventilation system going and prevent the deadly carbon monoxide accumulation inside the house.
Another basic house and backyard safety issue is related to the huge piles of snow sliding off the roofs and icicles falling on things and people during the heat waves in winter.
On top of that, while modern houses are built according to the guidelines that require the roofs to be able to withstand significant layer of snow piling up on them throughout the season, even those may sag over time, not mentioning the older structures that may even collapse under the snow load.
So, why it’s completely safe to let the nature do its thing and let a few inch layer of snow on your rooftop create a charming atmosphere, it’s definitely better not to sacrifice the safety and get rid of the excess buildup.
Rooftop snow removal is extremely dangerous
One has to remember that any roof-related work is highly dangerous, especially when carried out without the right tools and the most necessary safety equipment. There’re various rakes that might help homeowners remove the snow from the rooftops from the ground. Thus, if you’re able to find the rake of the right size and with the handle that’s long enough to reach the hardest spots, you may totally clear out your snowy roof on your own.
But, you won’t be able to see if there are any ice dams on your roof without climbing on it. And, it would be certainly impossible for you to apply the chemicals to resolve them without damaging the roofing material or check on the vents and chimneys to make sure that they’re not blocked by a snow cap and clear them out with no special tools. That’s why, in terms of safety and efficiency, it’s definitely worth to contact snow and ice removal services after a major snowfall or if you notice any signs of roof leaks or ice dams during the winter time.
Please, refrain from getting on top of the sloped roofs to remove the snow from it unless you’re a contractor who’s used to such kind of tasks and has the safety straps and other equipment to prevent the accidents.
Finally, in most cases, there’s no need in getting the snow off the roof unless its layer exceeds 12 inches in depth. However, if your roof previously had some experience with the dams’ development or tends to leak even with a thinner layer of snow on its top, you might want to rake it after every decent snowfall. Also, you need to get your roof checked and treated for the dams if you notice the icicles on the roof and if a few heat waves happen throughout the winter.
Most Crucial Reasons to Remove Snow off Your Roof
Promotion of your business is essential, especially if you have a seasonal business like snow removal services. And the advertising issue comes upfront if the competition is high like it is in megapolises. So the question is not why advertise, but in what way can your advertise your company to ensure that it is seen and demanded in the market? How to become competitive with the big sharks of the niche?
Keep in mind that advertising choices are unlimited, but your budget is. So here are several tips and ideas on how to advertise your snow removal services in New York. Choose those applicable to your company, but always remember to stay creative to interest people in your business.
1. Hand-outs or flyers. This is one of the oldest and yet very effective way to advertise your company. Print flyers with the basic information about your company and place them in the neighborhood’s mailboxes. To enhance this means of advertising you can also create door hangers and place them on doorknobs or distribute some useful novelty items, like fridge magnets or pens containing your business name and contact information. Don’t forget also about the business cards distribution with whoever you meet.
2. Place real ad publications. Go for local magazines, newspapers, yellow pages, and any other outlet that people in your neighborhood use. Wherever you can place your ad, do it! Ensure that this ad is bright and eye catching. Come up with a motto or a funny picture that would draw people’s attention and at the same time provide some credential info about your business.
3. Vinyl sheets and stickers. Stickers and vinyl banners are also very common in big cities today. Place these stickers on all your products and business-related cars and equipment. Again, if you come up with an intriguing or beautiful picture for the vinyl banners and stickers, you can be sure that people will get interested in obtaining one of your promotional products. And this kind of naturally flowing advertising campaign is one of the most affordable and reasonable ones for the industry beginners.
4. Letters of introduction to local businesses. While some business owners oversee this great opportunity, don’t miss a chance to introduce your company to the local businesspeople. Of course, they might already have someone to clean their snow, but if you offer some attractive prices or at least discounts for large orders, you can get a couple of companies on your side.
5. Participate in a local fundraiser. Fundraisers are one of the best ways to promote and advertise your business. People love charity and feel passionate about such business. You can offer to clean some public street or hospital’s driveway for free in order to earn yourself a name.
6. Sponsor some local team. You don’t need to go far to find one. You can do it for your child or maybe your employee’s kid in order to again earn a name. By sponsoring a team you can put your company’s name on the uniform or print some banners for the game.
7. Talk to your clients. Offer loyal customers better prices or ask them to put some signs about your services in their yards. Word of mouth is actually one of the greatest advertising tools, and the benefit of it is that it’s free of charge.
8. Get listed. As you can see, there is nothing extremely tough in advertising your new business, but you need to do it a lot in order to build your client’s base. Keep in mind that you can also get listed as one of the snow removal services so that people can reach you online and find your business’ name on the internet. That’s almost free but extremely effective!
Finding the best Best Snow Plowing in Hamden can be a challenge, so do your research before hiring a local company in OH.
In many cases we can get you multiple snow removal estimates to help you find the best deal and save. No project is too big or too small for our network of snow removal specialists.
A thick snow cap on the rooftop of your house and crystal-like icicles hanging from its edges might look really pretty, create a winter fairy tale mood.