Snow Removal Services in Ripley, WV
Commercial snow removal in Ripley is very important for many people. Although most residential owners in Ripley, WV believe it’s an expensive service that’s generally geared more towards commercial businesses, they are actually quite beneficial when considering the responsibility everyone has to keep others safe throughout the winter season.
Whether you are a landlord, business owner or even the owner of your own home, there are certain laws that apply for the safety and well being of all tenants, customers and the rest of the public that may use the roads or sidewalks on or even by your property. In order to stay on the safe side, it’s recommended to get commercial snow removal to ensure the snow and ice is taken care of in a professional manner.
Commercial Snow Removal to Avoid Liability
Promotion of your business is essential, especially if you have a seasonal business like snow removal services. And the advertising issue comes upfront if the competition is high like it is in megapolises. So the question is not why advertise, but in what way can your advertise your company to ensure that it is seen and demanded in the market? How to become competitive with the big sharks of the niche?
Keep in mind that advertising choices are unlimited, but your budget is. So here are several tips and ideas on how to advertise your snow removal services in New York. Choose those applicable to your company, but always remember to stay creative to interest people in your business.
1. Hand-outs or flyers. This is one of the oldest and yet very effective way to advertise your company. Print flyers with the basic information about your company and place them in the neighborhood’s mailboxes. To enhance this means of advertising you can also create door hangers and place them on doorknobs or distribute some useful novelty items, like fridge magnets or pens containing your business name and contact information. Don’t forget also about the business cards distribution with whoever you meet.
2. Place real ad publications. Go for local magazines, newspapers, yellow pages, and any other outlet that people in your neighborhood use. Wherever you can place your ad, do it! Ensure that this ad is bright and eye catching. Come up with a motto or a funny picture that would draw people’s attention and at the same time provide some credential info about your business.
3. Vinyl sheets and stickers. Stickers and vinyl banners are also very common in big cities today. Place these stickers on all your products and business-related cars and equipment. Again, if you come up with an intriguing or beautiful picture for the vinyl banners and stickers, you can be sure that people will get interested in obtaining one of your promotional products. And this kind of naturally flowing advertising campaign is one of the most affordable and reasonable ones for the industry beginners.
4. Letters of introduction to local businesses. While some business owners oversee this great opportunity, don’t miss a chance to introduce your company to the local businesspeople. Of course, they might already have someone to clean their snow, but if you offer some attractive prices or at least discounts for large orders, you can get a couple of companies on your side.
5. Participate in a local fundraiser. Fundraisers are one of the best ways to promote and advertise your business. People love charity and feel passionate about such business. You can offer to clean some public street or hospital’s driveway for free in order to earn yourself a name.
6. Sponsor some local team. You don’t need to go far to find one. You can do it for your child or maybe your employee’s kid in order to again earn a name. By sponsoring a team you can put your company’s name on the uniform or print some banners for the game.
7. Talk to your clients. Offer loyal customers better prices or ask them to put some signs about your services in their yards. Word of mouth is actually one of the greatest advertising tools, and the benefit of it is that it’s free of charge.
8. Get listed. As you can see, there is nothing extremely tough in advertising your new business, but you need to do it a lot in order to build your client’s base. Keep in mind that you can also get listed as one of the snow removal services so that people can reach you online and find your business’ name on the internet. That’s almost free but extremely effective!
Snow in Alaska? -- You'd Be Surprised
The most widely accepted commercial tool for snow removal is the snow plow. This is especially useful in large capacities. In modern times, a snow plow consists of a large pick-up truck with a large plow that is permanently attached. Some plows will an electric and/or hydraulics used to raise and lower them. Even bigger plows may be affixed to a very large tractor, backhoe or loader. Some of which may contain more then one large plow and even distribute salt as they plow. Aside from pickup trucks, snow plows can also be found on other types of vehicles such as a personal SUV or even a small riding mower that is traditionally used to cut grass in the summer. Snow plows are also used to mount on rail cars to remove snow from train tracks.
Where snow blowers work by use of an impeller to draw snow into the chute a snow plow works different and uses a much simpler concept. Using the force of the vehicle the snow plow is pushed either forward or on an angle. The blade of the snow plow captures the snow and forces it towards the direction of the vehicle clearing the surface previously covered.
The earliest versions of a snow plow were powered by horses. The wedge-type blades were made of wood. Since the invention of the automobile the snow plow was logically adopted and converted for use with vehicles. Patents for snow plows were issued as far back as the early 1920's. The first infamous plow for vehicles was created by two brothers named Hans and Even Overaasen from Norway. They constructed a plow for use on vehicles which was soon paved the way for traditional equipment used today to clear roads, railways and airports. Soon after the Overaasen Snow Removal Systems came into being. Another milestone inventor by the name of Carl Frink was also considered an early manufacturer car-mounted snow plows. His company, Frink Snowplows, which was based out of Clayton, New York, was created in 1920 and still runs today under the name Frink-America.
The citizens of major cities across North America responded in several ways. They hired people to shovel the walkways and horse-drawn carts to remove the snow. Often, they worked in conjunction with the plow companies to haul the snow away into nearby rivers. This not only resolved the issues for pedestrians and store owners but also created a small surplus of jobs for the winter season. This can still be seen today.
Finding the best Residential Snow Plowing in Ripley can be a challenge, so do your research before hiring a local company in WV.
In many cases we can get you multiple snow removal estimates to help you find the best deal and save. No project is too big or too small for our network of snow removal specialists.
A thick snow cap on the rooftop of your house and crystal-like icicles hanging from its edges might look really pretty, create a winter fairy tale mood.